Sunday, September 13, 2009

What I'll Miss About Italy

Even though there are daily challenges as being a foreigner in Italy, there are some things that I will always miss.


1)The ability to ride a bike anywhere in Florence without even thinking about it to and through the following places:
-The Duomo
-Santa Croce Church and Piazza
-Over Ponte Vecchio
2)The aesthetic beauty of the city and the mountains
3)The many motorcycles and the way the Italians drive
4)The style of the men and women
5)The food
6)The wine
7)Fresh fruit, vegetable and meat markets right behind my house
8)The months of January and July for sales
9)Italy in the summer
10)The lights at Christmas
11)Teaching English to the Italians
12)The view from my window
13)The people I know
14)*only sometimes* the way in which things are laid back in this country, somethings are done with more time
15)My bicycle
16)Sunrises and Sunsets
17)Every beach vacation or beach day I've spent in Italy or Europe
18)The way that it is easy to travel from country to country
19)The Eurostar train ride from Florence to Rome or Rome to Florence
20)People watching and not feeling weird about it because chances are, you're not alone
21)The Italian accent when speaking English

This post will probably be edited numerous times, but as of now, this is what I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment