Friday, September 4, 2009

Adventure Day 6?

The next day in Rome was spent walking around as usual. We revisited the Trevi Fountain and I was educated by William what the Latin inscriptions on the buildings meant. We had lunch in a restaurant nearby and returned to the Hostel for a nap. After feeling refreshed, we went to dinner at a restaurant called Cul De Sac. This restaurant is very small and has almost every bottle of wine every made in Italy available for purchase. There are nets inside the restaurant to prevent the potential falling of a bottle. When you buy a bottle, you get to view the large binder of available wines. Each page has a description of the wine including: where it was made, how it was made, how much it costs, etc.

Afterwards, we walked around and went to the area of Trastevare. This area of Rome has many good restaurants and bars. One of which, I took my neighbors from America to called "Da Fabrizio." I knew it was authentic when I saw zero English on the menu as well as no available option for an English menu. This restaurant holds a max of 30 customers. I found it by walking around and using my Italian to ask for a good recommendation.

After some continued people watching, my brother and I took a cab and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment