Thursday, September 3, 2009

Adventures in Vay Cay Day 2

Day Two:

I woke up early the next morning to run a few errands to register my entry into Italy. I felt like I was jumping through hoop after hoop. This was mostly because I had to get many different things together, wait in line at the post office for a packet, fill out the packet while attempting to decipher exactly what I need to put in. The packet is in Italian and you only really need to fill in half of it. It is confusing because I hadn't done it in a year, and so re-doing it was a bit of a process. I also needed a special stamp, more forms, and then a final wait at the post office. I got to my apartment and started to pack for Rimini.

We had a coffee and a sandwich and took the train. We stopped in a city called Faenza to change trains. From there, we arrived in Rimini. We took a taxi and checked in to the hostel. We stayed in the Sunflower Beach Backpacker Hostel. I had stayed there two years ago and wanted to return. Our room was on the second floor which in English really means the third. Europeans say that the first floor is the ground floor, and only after that do you start counting. It makes sense, but just for those who don't know, I wanted to clarify.

Our room was very very hot. I understand that it is summer, but it was a little ridiculous at times. We later discovered that the fan was blowing air in the wrong direction. Thanks to Mr. Engineer *aka my brother* we were able to get it fixed.

Our first night was great and we went to places where we were the only Americans, maybe even only foreigners. After arriving, we had a drink at the bar downstairs, and went to dinner. We ate dinner at a restaurant called Angolo Blu. We were recommended to go there because I asked the front desk a good place to go where there were no tourists. We shared a pizza and it was delicious!

We returned to the hostel and asked for places to go out in the evening. We then took a bus to another city and started our evening. It was really amusing to see the different fashions. I also had brought a large plastic bouncy ball that was glittery and blinked upon impact. We went to some of the places on the strip and another on the beach called "Hakuna Matata."

No comments:

Post a Comment