Friday, September 11, 2009

I have my bicycle

Allora, let's start from where we left off... Stealing my bike back day # ?

So I ran into a friend... well, just someone I knew. (conoscente as they would say in Italian) He had agreed to help me by drilling a hole in the lock... but it turns out that he didn't have the right screwdriver for it... Instead, we went to a bicycle shop where the two men were Sicilian.

Sicilians:"Where is your bicycle?"
Me: "It is a little far away, but can you help me?"
Sicilians: "Let's go see if we can cut the lock."

We went to where I had left my bicycle and the man started to use his pliers. He slowly started cutting the lock and it took about 5 minutes. We walked the bike back to the shop and it was repaired. Afterwards, I bought a lock. The total cost for this whole adventure was 12 euro. AMAZING. By the way, I also have their personal numbers *they don't have mine, don't worry* in case I need further assistance when their store is closed.

Good day.

Original post date: 11 Sept 2009; updated on 23 Jul 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment