Monday, September 21, 2009

The Sunrise and the Sunset



In Florence, two of my favorite times of the day are sunrise and sunset. The sunrise is especially pretty when the Arno river is a light blue color that almost matches the sky. One morning, I pulled over on my bike to take this picture. At this time, it is one of the rare moments when the city is completely quiet and still. It will only be an hour before the city starts its day with the motorcycles, cars, people, and bicycles. I enjoy these moments to just stop and smell the roses. I just think to myself, "wow, I really am in Italy. This is beautiful!"

The sunset is best at the beach even though in Florence it is also breathtaking. However, this blue picture was taken in Sicily on the Island of Ortigia. There is very little differentiation between the color of the water and the color of the sky. I think to myself how lucky I am to be here in Italy because most things I see have a beauty unlike any other.

Original post date: 21 Sept 2009; updated on 23 Jul 2020

No comments:

Post a Comment