Thursday, September 3, 2009

My brother has arrived!

So my brother arrived early on the morning of August 28th. I found him with a small suitcase and speakers for my Ipod! Right from the moment we saw each other, I knew it was going to be a hilarious trip. My brother and I get along very well and have similar senses of humor. We took a train from the airport to the main station. The train after was a Eurostar from Roma Termini to Firenze Santa Maria Novella.

Funny story about the train ride: When I bought the ticket, it said that our seats would not be guaranteed. I thought well, surely there will be an available place. I asked a few people and they just reiterated that my seat was not guaranteed... I can speak fluent Italian so that has nothing to do with them not understanding. I kept saying, "Yes, I understand that, do you have any helpful information of where I could find two empty seats?"

We ended up standing the whole time (1 hour and 39 minutes). We finally arrived to Florence and went to lunch at NoteDiVino. We had sandwiches with mozzarella di bufula and tomato. We also enjoyed a glass of wine. This restaurant is located at the end of Piazza Santa Croce in a small street. We sat outside in front of a small table with two wooden benches. We took a nap and after did some grocery shopping. I made a dinner of pasta (really, pasta in Italy? What a surprise!) with bacon, onions, cheese, and a red sauce. It was delicious! We also had wine from my Vino Sfuso.

A Vino Sfuso is a store where you bring empty bottles and have them refilled for cheap prices. The people in that store are always helpful.

After dinner, we went out for a short time and returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment