Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stealing my bike back-Day 5


hahaha. First I would like to explain the situation before any type of judgement.

So I had only one key to my bicycle and I left it with my friend before I left the country. She reassured me that she would take care of it and leave the key with one of our mutual friends. The funny thing about that is that it never got done and now my bike *which I'm still thrilled it's even still in the same place I left it* is attached to a pole. Awesome I've got the bike but no key.

What should you do if this happens to you? First, don't even think about going to the Carabinieri. For this type of situation, they were unfortunately unable to help. I went to numerous hardware *mesticherria* stores to ask if someone would lend me a tool to go and get my bicycle. However, no one wanted to help and so I decided to go to a bicycle shop. The bike man told me that it was not a good idea to cut the lock because if someone sees me, I could get in trouble for stealing a bike even if it is my own. Much to my surprise this isn't accurate because after I asked the Carabinieri what would happen if I just took it, they replied with nothing.

So I got lucky and ran into a friend whom I hadn't seen in probably a few months. He convinced me that he had and does have a solution. When he gets off of work, we are going to to drill a hole into my bike lock and hope that it will be set free.

Even after that there are still problems with the bike in general. The brakes are missing a screw that keeps them attached to the bicycle itself. So it may be fixed by tomorrow, but in Italy, some things take longer to accomplish. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment